Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back home

The multi-coloured lights of the skyscrapers in Sydney's CBD adorn the night sky, as my train crosses the Harbour Bridge. In half an hour, I will be re-united with family after my week long India trip.

The two leg return flight via Singapore passed smoothly. I slept on the five hour night shift from Mumbai to Sing, having finally learnt that the handset has a Do not Disturb button.

The last day of the India trip was spent in Mumbai/Thane, to attend to some property matters. The work part completed, I treated myself to a head massage at a local haircutting saloon. Those who have experienced this with a barber in India may know that there comes a time in the routine, when the vibrating massage pad is held to one's ear, and a finger stuck inside it. The sensation that follows is simultaneously ticklish and very pleasurable. Not all barbers include this extra in their routine, but from my experience, most in Mumbai do. This barber, to my delight, was not an exception.

On the return flight, I managed to add two more movies to my previous tally of four notched up on the onward journey - "Blood Diamond" and "Sherlock Holmes". I was halfway through "Nine" and a sizzling hot number by Penelope Cruz when the crew announced our descent into Sydney.

*********************************

I don't know if it's parenthood or advancing years, but for a few years now, I find myself choking up during emotional moments in movies, which I saw through with a yawn and a smirk in the past. Must be finally getting in touch with my sensitive side.

No comments:

Post a Comment